I’m still wrestling with the idea that twelve long months have already gone by. So many things happened and changed, so many goals accomplished and failed, it’s hard not to wonder what the new year could bring to the table this time.
My 2017 ally is my undated Passion Planner and it enabled me to plot my year’s goals and put ideas to action. One of its nifty features is the GOOD THINGS THAT HAPPENED section to the right of the weekly timeline where you’d list down the week’s wins. It’s a great appreciation exercise where you learn to focus on the good and appreciate what you received or worked for, motivating you to seek out that same positive magic next week.
Weekly Challenge ✨📓💪 – “He who must learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying.” – Friedrich Nietzsche – Get out of your comfort zone by doing something new. 👊 It could be a hobby, sport, or anything that you had an interest in but have not tried. 🤹🏼♂️🥊🤺 Don’t be afraid to be a beginner again and embrace new learning opportunities. It may be your next passion. 😉 – #passionplanner #weeklychallenge #motivation #tryit
I decided to go through the year’s wins to see how the year turned out for me, and I’m amazed at how much I’ve accomplished after all. Despite the failures, mistakes, and roadblocks that threw me off of my feet, I shipped a handful of things and reached actual goals that I’d otherwise forget if I hadn’t written them down.
Here’s the full list of every single win for every week of the year:
- Started my website redesign for 2017 at 40%
- Finished creating my RESUME page
- Finished revising the CONTACT page
- 4-day jogging streak!
- Finished redesigning my website and archiving my old blog. It’s time to move on!
- Moved from Trello to Asana
- Bank approved and sent me a new credit card
- Went to church as a family for the first time
- Finished work and my first review for Zapier
- Sent my second Zapier review on time
- Cyrus learns to eat by himself 👏
- Paid all the bills on time 🤟
- Defeated the RELIC boys in two Dota2 games, one of which I played my favorite hero, Phoenix 🔥
- Sent out a job application to Timely
- 7 years of marriage 👰
- Placed an order for a custom back door
- Finished my Passion Planner January review
- Started Team Wisteria (Dota2)
- Bought a new trash bin for the kitchen
- Sent my application to Kayako. Reached stage 3 of the interview process 😁
- Got to see hot air balloons fly at Clark, Pampanga 🎈
- I’ve finally moved on from my what-could-have-been’s. I’M DONE!
- Finished building Diwa Daily, logo and all
- Installed the new back door
- Finished Holly’s handmade bracelet
Week 9 — Kayako returned my email with an offer. Just waiting for their schedule for a Skype call. If everything goes well, I’ll have a new job.
- Paid my credit card bill on time
- I GOT THE JOB! Just waiting for the contract and salary package. 🤩
- Collaborated with Annie to create Team Wisteria’s logo
- Finished my first leather-crafting project where I made A6 notebook covers
- Holly received Honorable Mention for SY 2016-2017
- Team Wisteria won their first game at the Dota2 iPlay Girls tournament
- Confirmed: I’m officially part of the Kayako support team 🎉
- Holly got a 95.4 GPA for this year
- Played with the kids today and before they went to bed.
- Survived my oral surgery
- Sent in my resignation notice to TeamGantt
- Road trip with the kids on my birthday 🎂
- Jayson got my an Amazon Kindle ❤️
- Completed my first Kayako case
- Learned how APIs worked. It’s no longer a mystery.
- Holly successfully finished her Chinese summer tutorials
- Received my first pay from Kayako. Direct bank transfer really works! 😮
- Took a leap and got The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection for free
- Backed my first Baron Fig Kickstarter where I’d get the Squire pen, Vanguard set, and my very own Confidant notebook in one package
- Received beautiful handmade Mother’s Day cards from the kids 😭
- Got my “new” laptop from Kayako. It got scratched on the way though, so not sure if this counts as a win.
Week 21 — Noah is enrolled! 🎉
Week 22 — Construction started, which means we’ll finally have new and beautiful bedrooms soon.
Week 23 — Started my workout and daily diet. So far, so good!
Week 27 — Had our 5GUNS cookout here at home. The food turned out great and the muffins I made were yummy.
- Finished my first blog post for the Kayako blog and got published this week too!
- Finished and submitted my Zapier review
- Worked out for three days straight
- Gave Cyrus’ and Noah’s old clothes and shoes to Jayson’s cousin and her family. Less clutter 👏
- Won a Globe umbrella from Geek Wars
- Made a new dish: Japanese karaage
- I hit 130 lbs after yoyo-ing between 131-133 lbs
- Paid our fat ass internet bill
- Holly made me a card to cheer me up ❤️
- Got to visit Manila again. We arrived on time, safe and sound.
- Finished and submitted another review for Zapier
- Finished my second Kayako Classic help doc
- Had my first 1:1 session with Gary, my team lead at Kayako
- Received praise for my work with Adam from Growth and Kelly from Self-service
- Finished my Passion Planner August review
- Finished changing the blog categories and making finishing touches to Diwa Daily
- Paid the kids’ tuition for July and August 🎉
- I’m getting a new undated Passion Planner soon. They sent me a replacement.
- Got a 4-year Droplr subscription at 91% off 👍
- Donated old clothes to H&M Conscious
- I received my very first props from Kayako. Never felt so appreciated for my work till today. 🤩
- Finished and submitted my second blog post for the Kayako blog on time
- My Passion Planner replacement finally arrived!
- My comp notebook finally arrived!
Week 40 — Started my daily gratitude journal again.
- Bought a lifetime And.co subscription
- Bought my first Baron Fig limited edition notebook set and Archer pencils. As of this writing, the Archer pencils have officially sold out forever. 😮
- Finished my first Korean drama series
- My Whitelines Paper notebooks finally arrived!
- Placed my first wholesale order with Sunday Paper Co
- Walked Sappho and Scarlet after so long
- Successfully installed Kayako Classic on Windows via XAMP
- Jayson and I got our first WordPress project 🎉
- Renewed and downgraded my Globe plan to P799/month from P1799/month
Week 44 — Finished my first help doc for the new Kayako platform
Week 45 — WordPress client approved of the logo, and now we’re proceeding with the brochure design
Week 46 — I finished my first 5K run! 🏆
Week 47 — Finished all of my Zapier articles on schedule
- My customized Mossery notebook arrived. ❤️
- Jayson and I went on a joy ride to check out the new coastal road. We also had snacks at Espressini and by God’s miracle, my banana oatmeal smoothie was available.
- Daddy Jayson’s birthday treasure hunt was a success! 🎂
- Paid all of our November bills on time and in full
- Moved my work laptop to the office and hooked it to my 23″ monitor. Kicked off the iMac dream card from my Dreams board instantly. 🤟
- Created my 2018 project planner this morning
Week 50 — Cooked 30 boxes of spaghetti for Cyrus’ and Noah’s Christmas parties in school
The GOOD THINGS THAT HAPPENED section is definitely here to stay. It’s such a heartwarming and inspirational tool for someone like me who struggles to remember and appreciate the good things in life.
Even if I’ll be using a different planner for the year, I intend to do this list all over again twelve months from now.